Your School-Age Child
Your Child can Succeed!
Your Child's Sexuality
Playing and Learning
Your Teenager and Driving
When your deaf or hard-of-hearing teen becomes old enough to drive, he may want to get
his driver's license. Make sure you tell him these things:
- Learning to drive is a big responsibility.
- Learning to drive can also be a challenge.
- Learning to drive may be a bigger challenge for a teen who is deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- What you need to do to get a driver's license is different in each State.
- This section only tells you what you might need to do to get a driver's license.
- To find out exactly what your teen needs to do to get a driver's license, contact
Department of Motor Vehicles.
Read these pages to help your deaf or hard-of-hearing teen get his driver's license.
Find out more about: